|Number of Crew:
Captain Derek Prosser
English & New Zealand Passport, born in 1953, Single.
Languages: English and Conversational Spanish
Other: B1/B2 US Visa
Non Smoker, Calm disposition, Sense of humor, Honest, Reliable, Safety First.
Involved in yachting for over 30 years, 23 years of which as Captain, operating in the Mediterranean, both sides of the Atlantic, Caribbean and Pacific Ocean on both charter and private yachts. He is familiar with most aspects of Marine engineering and possesses a working knowledge of electronics on today's motor yachts. He also gained valuable experience in refitting, having been involved in various refits both as Captain and Engineer, all vessels being over 30meters.
- Commercial MCA/RYA 200T Yachtmaster Offshore with Ocean Nav Cert. License No06939.
- MCA - GMDSS General Certificate of Competence No 25908.
- MCA - Professional Yacht Master Navigation & Radar No-0000081P(STCW95)
- Cert of Proficiency In Medical Care Aboard Ship(STCW95) OMI/MCOBS/06/06/16-2
- MCA - Advanced Survival at Sea Cert (STCW95)
- MCA - Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW95)
- MCA - General Ships Knowledge (STCW95) No GSK 027/07
- ISM Code and STCW Familiarization for Management Course
- C.M.A.S. (NZ) 1 star Diving Cert.
- Courses at MTU Germany for Engine type 538 with MTU Electronic monitoring & ZF Marine Transmissions.
- Current ENG 1 Medical Certificate. Exp 06-04-2013.