Reopening COVID Protocols For the BVI Starting December 1st, 2020
by Mercedes Mansilla on Nov 03, 2020
PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING POST FOR UPDATED DETAILS ON THE BVI ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
After months of confinement we would all like to take a few days, isn’t it? Well, a few weeks ago we were happy to announce that the BVI’s government had officially declared they would re-open the borders for tourists, starting December 1st, 2020.
However, last week some news have been announced by Andrew Fahie, Premier of the British Virgin Islands, has announced the reopening protocols for the territory’s reopening expected for December 1st, 2020.
According to the government's decisions, the protocol calls only for Beef Island Airport, which is tourists’ entry gateway.
As per the government’s press release:
- PCR negative test, medical travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage, and subscription to a tracing system or a wearable device, which costs US$175 per person (this includes local COVID tests too).
- 48 hrs prior to the flight, register to the government’s online portal to obtain the BVI Gateway traveller Authorisation Certificate.
- PCR test should take place no less than 5-days prior to travel.
- Take a certified taxi to a certified destination and quarantine 4 days (this applies to yachts as well, where you can spend the 4-day quarantine in designated quarantine anchorages).
- Yachts may navigate between designated quarantine anchorages during the quarantine.
- Get a second COVID test after day 4 and if it’s negative you’re free to roam the island.
We hope you find this helpful. If you decide to go to the BVIS, make sure to check each item on the list, so you can assure a safe, easy and happy holiday. We are certain that the government’s best intentions to keep both locals and tourists safe are going to be successful in terms of keeping the spread of the virus throughout the island.
Ultimately, if you want to head off to a beautiful and safe location, don’t hesitate to call us so we can help you plan a safe, fun, and unforgettable experience. And, if you were planning to visit the BVIs any time soon, keep up with our blogs and announcements! If you just want to jump into a yacht and relax as soon as you get to the Virgin Islands, don’t forget that the USVI is open to tourists (without restrictions). Check out our crewed yachts available to charter the USVI & SVI here.